Environmental Field Technician
Environmental Field Technician
EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, to becoming a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin and cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring counts®. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire investigators, architects and scientists was selected for his or her technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and collective insights empower clients to make better-informed business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely responses thatconsistently meet our clients' expectations -- anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more about EFI Global.
To provides field services and collaborates with scientists, Sr. Environmental Field Technicians, and forensic experts on environmental investigation projects to provide consulting services to clients regarding environmental health and safety (EHS) issues in accordance with assignments from clients or assigned legal counsel..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts microbial, lead, asbestos, and industrial hygiene inspections and sampling.
- Processes and dispose of samples and evidence in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and industry standards.
- Prepares chain of custody forms for analytical testing, recording survey data in approved forms.
- Documents and maintains billable hours on a time and expense basis, as applicable, for services rendered for external clients.
- Gathers detailed notes, takes photographs, and documents temperature, relative humidity, and moisture content measurements.
- Promotes and markets utilization of the company's investigative services by the insurance industry within assigned territory.
- Partners with Sr. Environmental Field Technicians on complex cases.
- Prepares inspection reports based on scientific findings and scope of work per project.
- Follows industry acceptable methodology for performance of services.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and prospects.
- Assists and observes contractor work on projects and interact with clients and contractor or subcontractor representatives accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
- Associates degree in Environmental Science, Microbiology, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Must have current professional certifications and licensure for the respective state and a valid driver's license with clean driving history;
- Current Certified Microbial Consultant (CMC), Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE), Certified Residential Mold Inspector (CRMI) or equivalent preferred.
- Current Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Inspector license, current EPA Inspector license or current EPA Asbestos Abatement or OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training is preferred.
High school diploma and two (2) years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of current industry standards, regulations, techniques, and equipment for performance of EHS services.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead,
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Published 2 days ago
You can see similar jobs for here