SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. It operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
FACILITY RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Some or all of the following responsibilities may be delegated to Facility Maintenance Staff at the discretion of the General Manager.
- Routine cleaning of laboratory glassware and equipment.
- Routing cleaning of laboratory work spaces, countertops, and safety hoods.
- Routine cleaning of laboratory storage spaces such as incubators, freezers, and refrigerators.
- Daily emptying of trash receptacles.
- Regular cleaning of facility office space.
- Maintain the exterior of the building, including roof, parking lot, and exterior landscaping.
- Assist with receipt of samples, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist Chemistry and General Manager with routine disposal of regular waste, hazardous waste, and biohazardous waste materials.
- Under the direction of the General Manager, assist in administering the facility’s preventive maintenance program.
- Supply receiving
- Shipping – supply and sample returns
- High school diploma preferred.
- Previous experience in facility maintenance preferred.
- Must be capable of working at a desk and computer terminal for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours on a given day.
- Must be capable of sustained concentration over printed materials for several hours at a time.
- Job requires mobility through entire facility, including the laboratory spaces.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.