Logistics Operator IV
Functional Area: Operations
Posting Locations: Lexington
Logistics Operator IV
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional Logistics team! Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (CCBCC), the largest independent bottler in the US, is looking for Logistics Operator IV!
Things you should know about working as a Logistics Operator IV:
Support successful warehouse operations. Ensure safe, efficient flow of traffic on the property to ensure production, loading and delivery functions are completed in accordance with approved plans. May also support movement, loading and unloading of product and materials using a wide variety of material handling equipment at a highly proficient level (examples: forklift, HiJaw, pallet jack, switcher). Ensure appropriate material arrives at designated location at designated time. Spot trailers at appropriate docks to support production/loading/delivery operations.
What would success look like?
- Use appropriate material handling equipment to move product and materials from/to designated locations to support production and logistics activities (as applicable, depending on location)
- "Build" pallets/orders as needed/directed to support successful order fulfillment
- "Rework" damaged and returned product to restore appropriate product to “sellable” condition and destroy un-sellable product
- Perform miscellaneous activities as directed to support the efficient operation of a warehouse in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Experience and success on a Double Lift.
- Comprehension of basic safety principles including proper lifting and use of personal protective equipment.
- Advanced forklift skills (single-wide/double-wide, HiJaw, Cascade).
- Ability to efficiently/safely operate forklifts in small area (pick area).
- Pallet-jack skills.
- Rudimentary mechanical skills.
- Start/stop equipment, operate multiple pieces of simple machinery, identify and clear material jams, simple tool usage.
- Read and follow written SOP’s or instructions.
- Complete forms (handwritten and/or computer-based) to document activities/results.
- Follow verbal instructions.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Capacity to assess order (“pick ticket”) and determine an appropriate order configuration on a pallet.
- Thorough understanding of elements contributing to warehouse productivity.
- Capacity to assess order building/loading work flow and choose optimum pick/load path.
- Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple processes to support overall system efficiency.
- Operation of warehouse inventory management system(s).
- Ability to consistently count received product/materials and compare to manifest with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to consistently load trucks in accordance with documentation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work well with a minimum of supervision while able to interface with Warehouse and Production supervision.
All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
CCBCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.