Wholesale Order Management Supervisor
The Supervisor of Wholesale Order Management will be accountable for leading the team responsible for order entry, order processing, customer service, phone support, order tracking, and all other aspects of order management for a diverse set of accounts. Customers supported within this team are very diverse, and several have differing needs and requirements. This leader will organize the team structure, work to improve on-time delivery, and work to improve responsiveness to our internal and external partners. The Supervisor's success is measured by the team's ability to operate smoothly and efficiently and will ensure the development of employees to remain engaged and deliver improved metrics as well as the highest standards of Customer Service.
- Lead a team of 12-16 employees including coaching, development, and performance evaluations.
- Managing employee timecards, overtime, and out of office approvals
- Set direction and prioritize work done by the team to support business goals and deadlines
- Accountable for ensuring the team is operating efficiently by monitoring quality of work (both subjective and data driven)
- Work in a team environment across multiple functions and serve as a liaison to multiple internal departments (customer service, logistics, inventory, accounting, sales, etc.)
- Deliver corporate, departmental and customer driven metrics objectives
- Assemble data and publish team and customer metrics, incorporating retailer scorecards where provided
- Troubleshoot issues and complete root cause analysis for immediate and longer-term resolution which may involve engaging up and downstream stakeholders (manufacturing, sales, finance, planning, warehouse, and transportation)
- Drive process improvements (internal and cross-functional) through projects and delegation to the team
- Implement standard operating procedures and build documentation for onboarding new employees and training current employees on new processes
- Automate non-value-added transactional work
- Lead or represent the function in strategic and operational initiatives
- Be a voice/advocate for both TSI and retailers/consumers
Competencies and Experiences
- Must be able to effectively drive and enable change management and strategies
- Self-starter with the ability to balance tactical details and the 'bigger picture '
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Order fulfillment and supply chain business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership traits or accomplishments; preference to prior experience supervising or leading people
- Relationship builder with experience managing through conflict
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross functionally and lead with influence
- Good decision-making skills to balance and prioritize needs of various stake-holder interests
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Process oriented with experience in standardizing work
- Strong analytical, creative, and strategic problem-solving ability
- Great communicator (two ways) with strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to a variety of audiences.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including Customer Service, Logistics and/or other related field
- Previous people management experience
- Minimum: 4-year Bachelor's degree
- Certifications or coursework in process improvement preferred
Describe Measures of Success
- Implementation/Introduction of InContact for Phone/Email visibility
- Implementation of ESKER into appropriate business groups
- Improvements to order processing time, order accuracy, and order cycle time.
- Increase in Order Management controlled 'On-time' delivery KPI's
- Reduction in Customer Charge-backs
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.