Labor Strategy Partner (Corporate)
It is the primary responsibility of the Labor Strategy Partner to provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on the strategic direction of labor relations matters and proactively address operational issues or concerns related to organized employee populations. The position is also responsible for analyzing data companywide to better manage and anticipate organizational wide grievance trends. The position supports property and corporate development and delivery of a broad range of labor relations strategies; participates in and supports labor negotiations and administration of collective bargaining agreements. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Continuously update “best practice” study of Labor Relations’ policies and practices to keep MGM Resorts informed of new developments and proactively make recommendations to management about implementation of innovative programming.
- Compile, analyze and maintain files regarding negotiated increase amounts and their respective diversions for the company’s union represented populations.
- Work collaboratively with the property and Director of Negotiations for participation on contract negotiations with the various labor organizations.
- Work collaboratively with property and corporate Compensation and Payroll departments regarding negotiated wage increases for represented employee populations to include correct implementation, recommending any necessary adjustments/corrections and directing communication with Union officials.
- Work collaboratively with union partners, the ER/LR Center of Excellence (CoE) and property leadership to guide the implementation of newly negotiated language in CBAs to ensure that benefit of language changes are maximized and consistent across the organization.
- Facilitate creation of settlement agreements with Labor organizations to include Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs) on behalf of the company.
- Guide property and corporate entities on preventative labor strategy to include activities and communications.
- Actively participate in union campaigns to carry out strategy and support as necessary.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the various labor organizations, property leadership, the CoE and other key internal stake holders.
- Maintain database regarding organizing activities throughout the property and corporate entities.
- Collaborate with key internal stake holders in preventative labor relations.
- Monitor legal developments in Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Labor Relations laws and regulations; communicate legal developments and suggest compliance strategies to organization.
- Collect and investigate employment and labor relations policies and procedures used within the organization.
- Design, develop and participate in facilitating Labor and Employee Relations specific seminars and course deliverables to support the department initiatives concerning continual education and development of property and Corp LR/ER practitioners.
- Actively participate in leading focus group discussions with property and corporate entities. Makes recommendations to management guiding future action items.
- Oversight and coordination of the Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) and the arbitration process.
- Oversight and coordination of internal projects teams relating to issues such as consolidation of functions and reorganization of functions.
- Assist team members by contributing to projects when appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain reports that are necessary to carry out functions of the Corporate Human Resources department and Labor Strategy functions.
- Maintain a professional and confident demeanor when interacting with management, employees, union representatives, consultants and/or external communities.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, business administration, human resources or related field or equivalent experience and education.
- At least 5 years of human resources generalist or related experience with strong preference for specific experience in labor relations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.