Assistant Manager - BeerHaus (The Park)
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Assistant Manager Restaurant will manage daily FOH operations in order to enhance company image and increase shareholder value. This position will be responsible for assisting the General Manager and Assistant General Manager with opening and maintaining a highly unique concept that is consistent with the overall strategic vision of the organization. All duties are to be performed in accordance with MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Plays an active role in contributing to both the short- and long-term profitability for BeerHaus and Park District Holdings LLC.
- Assist the Assistant General Manager to manage the assigned operational functions for the FOH staff consistent with the vision for the department and Park District Holdings LLC.
- Works with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager to ensure that all beverage products are available to guests.
- Reviews sales and beverage cost daily, resolve any discrepancies.
- Minimizes spillage issues and maintain controls to attain forecasted beverage and labor costs.
- Maintains operational control of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists, and inventory of all FOH items.
- Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly, communicating with purveyors and/or warehouse as necessary.
- Ensures proper levels of FOH supplies such as linen, disposables, uniforms, glassware, and beverages are available for the staff to successfully perform their functions.
- Monitors and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all public areas.
- Ensures FOH equipment is properly maintained and functioning. Any deficiencies are noted and proper steps are taken to rectify.
- Ensure a high level of guest satisfaction by working with the FOH staff to provide service consistent with the company’s core service standards and the overall brand attributes.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for upcoming shifts, works with General Manager and Assistant General Manager with making any necessary adjustments due to changing business levels.
- Ensures that all hiring practices, employee disciplinary actions, and expectations of employees are in accordance with the Federal, state and local laws as well as any applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement(s).
- Ensures that employees have all required certifications.
- Fosters and promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Provides feedback to staff on their performance; handle disciplinary problems, and counsel employees according to Company standards.
- Assists the General Manager and Assistant General Manager with scheduled performance appraisals.
- Assumes a coaching role as a leader to help develop employees and give them a work environment where they have the opportunity to contribute and feel valued.
- Inspects grooming and attire of staff; ensure that the staff is following all established appearance policies and guidelines.
- Performs all opening and closing duties are completed to prescribed standards.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of experience in the hospitality industry with previous experience in scheduling and staffing.
- At least 1 year of experience in a Supervisory capacity, in a high volume establishment.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying degrees of heat, wind, cold, and precipitation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Working knowledge of an Income Statement, Beverage Cost, and Labor Cost.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of college education in a related field, and/or equivalent work experience in F&B.
- Working knowledge of Culinary Union bargaining agreements.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience in both casino settings and free-standing environments.
- Previous experience in a setting where musicians performed.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting.