Groundskeeper - Part Time
Do you enjoy being outdoors and working with your hands? We are looking for a Groundskeeper for one of our manufactured housing communities. You will help us ensure the community grounds are kept looking well-tended and attractive. Help us to make our community the kind of place that residents are proud to call home.
Groundskeepers perform a variety of landscaping maintenance and snow removal duties (where applicable). They regularly mow lawns, weed, plant flowers, plow snow, remove debris from property grounds, and overall ensure our communities are well-maintained and look presentable. Groundskeepers also work to ensure our residents receive quality customer service.
- Ensure lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repair as needed.
- Pick up trash/debris from common areas and streets on a daily basis.
- Empties common area trash containers as needed.
- Ensure community is presentable at all times and adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards.
- If applicable, maintain community pool(s), testing chemical levels, adjusting appropriately.
- Safely operate vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties.
- Maintain community vehicles and equipment.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties.
- Report all community maintenance issues and concerns identified while performing daily duties to manager.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Groundskeeper, you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous groundskeeping experience in the apartment or manufactured housing industry, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and the internet