Community Maintenance Worker
Are you interested in an entry-level position with a growing property management company?
RHP Properties is a growing, privately-held national property management company. Headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI we own and operate over 254 manufactured home communities in 28 states.
We are presently seeking a Maintenance Technician for a community located in Kokomo, IN who will perform general grounds and lawn maintenance, as well as basic repairs to homes owned by the community, for 40 hours per week.
As a successful Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Perform maintenance to ensure homes and community areas are in proper condition.
- Execute assigned work orders and report status to the Community Manager timely and efficiently.
- Promote goodwill by handling all contacts with residents, prospective residents, visitors and other employees in a spirit of courtesy, cooperation and attentiveness.
- Use established procedures to identify deficiencies and take immediate action with community manager approval.
- Ensure community grounds are appropriately manicured. Regularly treat for weeds, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs as needed, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Remove and dispose of garbage on community grounds, including common areas, main entrance and from resident’s sites as needed to maintain community appearance.
- Perform snow removal using a snow blower, hand shovel or a plow truck, as applicable.
- Advise Community Manager or Maintenance Supervisor of residents who do not properly dispose of their excess garbage or have large/bulk items that may require pickup arrangements.
- Perform regular inventories of maintenance and grounds equipment and supplies to advise Community Manager of equipment and supply needs.
- Maintain order and appearance of garage and storage areas.
- Maintain all maintenance and grounds equipment to keep it clean and cared for.
- Comply with national, state and local health and safety laws to reduce accident occurrences and to protect residents, the company, team members and vendors.
- Perform seasonal pre-maintenance service on a timely basis.
- Remain available for “on call” duties as needed.
- Participate in the refurbishing of Community Owned homes.
- Perform repairs and maintain the community water and sewer lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of maintenance experience, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid operator’s license, maintenance of a good driving record at all times, and insurability under the Company’s policy at all times.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, appliance repairs, HVAC, and carpentry.
- May need to provide own tools.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, walk continuously, and access restricted spaces.
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment and other equipment.
- Ability to lift or to move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to efficiently perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to various chemical compounds.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive compensation. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, life insurance, and 401K.