Build relationships. Expand your career possibilities.
You have a passion for logistics, and you know how to keep things moving. At XPO Logistics, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with customers, assist in route planning and monitoring, and build a bright professional future. On our team, you’ll play a key role in providing daily freight solutions to our customers.
If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide support to our home delivery services (Last Mile) for a designated market region
- Manage operations of contracted drivers operating 6 days per week in multiple locations
- Manage supervisory and warehouse staff, including interviewing, hiring, training, directing and conducting performance reviews of all staff
- Assist in route planning and route monitoring
- Pre-screen contract carriers from incoming applicant database for contract eligibility (based on DOT standards and company policy)
- Work with national sales team on pricing, competitive advantages and disadvantages to facilitate new avenues of growth
- Manage expenses accurately and meet P&L budget goals
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of logistics management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and MS Project
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or supply chain management and 1-3 years of logistics or transportation experience
- DOT and OSHA regulation knowledge
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks, and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources appropriately
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with the most widely-known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.