Assistant Manager II
Work with the best. Drive your own success.
XPO Logistics, a global leader in logistics, is looking for a highly skilled professional who will coordinate with site leadership to provide support for all home delivery services. At XPO, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist in managing day-to-day operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring reports, and maintaining positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatch of contract carriers and resolve issues throughout the day
- Assist Operations Manager in identifying problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatch, and warehouse personnel to meet and exceed the customers’ expectations
- Supervise 1-7 employees
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year of logistics or transportation experience, and 1 year of inventory control and merchandise reconciliation
- Analytical, communication and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other business applications
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- 2 years of inventory control and merchandise reconciliation, and 3 or more years of logistics or transportation experience
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.