Groundskeeper - Keansburg School District - Facilities
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Position Summary: The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining and improving site grounds. Assigned work such as mowing, trimming, leaf removal, de-icing, etc. may fluctuate by season Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Maintains and improves facility grounds
- Utilize planned designs to determine landscaping needs
- Performs tasks such as planting, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, sweeping, raking, salting, shoveling snow, removing ice, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment including power mowers, saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, sprayers, etc.
- Operates trucks and tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds as needed
- Clean and upkeep sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance and minor repairs on lawn equipment and tools
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in grounds keeping/horticulture preferred
- Working knowledge of grounds keeping principals and power landscape equipment
- Must be able to adhere to safety procedures to do physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, moving, carrying, pushing, pulling of over 50 lbs
- Requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran