About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Grounds Manager reports directly to the Director of Facilities. This role is responsible for all grounds operations and financial management of, but not limited to, new planting installations, grounds renovations, tree trimming, tree removals and installations, hardscape installations, turf management, irrigation, and maintaining flower and soft scape bedding.
Scope of Role:
Projects vary in size. Total volume managed is to meet and exceed budgeted guidelines. Manages and works directly with subcontractors and employees within the scope of billable project revenue.
- Assist Facilities Director in accountability of a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Develop grounds projects and manages revenues and costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Assist in communication with client and the campus community.
- Inspect in-process and completed projects for quality and accuracy.
- Inspect and tour acreage to identify areas for improvements.
- Order materials and supplies and use subcontractors where necessary for projects and improvements.
- Assist Facilities Director in hiring and the ongoing training and discipline of employees in company policies, operations and safety.
- Participate in a school committee or group outside of grounds responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree highly preferred in a relevant field, and/or experience of at least 5 years in facility grounds enhancement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical knowledge of grounds equipment, product application, plant and tree nomenclature, turf diagnosis and treatment, hardscape materials and installation and construction procedures in addition to experience in snow removal.
- Experience in directing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a non-union environment and the ability to oversee capital projects, landscape plans, and funding requests are required.
- Strong financial analysis and accountability and/or contract managed service experience is preferred.