Shipping Operator 3
- The Shipping Operator 3 is an entry level chemical operator position. The Shipping Dept. is responsible for the unloading of hazardous chemicals, the loading and packaging of finished products and operation of a chemical processing unit.
- The operators must have the aptitude and willingness to learn chemical manufacturing principles and follow stringent safety standards that are associated with chemical processing.
- The operator will be required to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for general labor-type activities.
- The operator will be required to perform field work to ensure that products are manufactured, packaged, and loaded according to directives given by supervision.
- Operator will also need to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance.
- They are responsible for labor-type duties such as safety stand-by work, vessel entries, material handling, and plant clean-up.
- Duties are not limited to the above description. It may be necessary to perform work of a similar or lower skill level. This includes assisting in other areas of the plant, providing assistance to plant programs and other activities as directed by supervision.
- The open position is an hourly position. The operator must have a willingness to work OT. The operator is expected to bid to higher and more complex jobs as openings occur.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Advanced education or experience is a plus including D.O.T. or HAZWOPER certification.
- Must have a high regard for safety and the environment.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to following production, quality and safety protocol. Job requires the ability to:
- Work rotating 12 hour shifts (days/nights) as well as overtime when necessary.
- Walk, climb, squat, bend, kneel, crawl, twist or stand for long periods of time.
- Lift/carry up to 60 lbs frequently.
- Wear necessary PPE including respirator and SCBA
- Work in a physical outdoor industrial environment (including during inclement weather).
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Operate pumps and manipulate chemical flows using a variety of valves and piping.
- Operate forklift and yard truck.
- Work in confined spaces and at elevated locations.
- Use a fire extinguisher or other firefighting equipment in emergency situations.
- A fitness for duty assessment, including a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) and drug screen, must be completed after a conditional offer of employment is made.
Published 4 days ago
You can see similar jobs for here