Senior Industrial Engineer
Job Description--Senior Industrial Engineer with Healthcare Industry experience
Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills. Ability to progressively probe, analyze and identify root causes of problems, provide practical solutions and negotiate resolutions. Ability to independently manage large, complex projects. Experience in dealing with a wide variety of project stakeholders at all levels. Self-directed and results-oriented individual.
- Applies strong interpersonal relations and communication skills to provide internal consulting on quality of care, reliability of care, and patient safety.
- Delivers education / training PI modules, appropriate continuous improvement methodology and process management.
- Identifies key areas of clinical performance improvement that will reduce cost and support clinical areas with an opportunity to improve outcomes.
- Partners with Decision Support to identify key metrics and obtain advanced clinical/financial data analytics and statistics consultation in support of performance improvement goals and initiatives.
- Successfully leads project teams independently to ensure on time completion of assigned projects within budget.
- Partner with Decision Support and Service Lines to create dashboards and analyze key metrics to assess PI strategies.
- Provide guidance and consultation when needed, to assure linkage between outcomes of quality, risk monitoring, performance improvement, patient satisfaction and value/financial impact.
- Develops performance improvement strategies; manages and leads process improvement initiatives - ensuring initiative alignment with business vision and established PI Plan and strategy.
- Partners with Service Lines to identify value-add projects; drive results and revise plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Provides Service Lines, leadership team and other stakeholders with progress reports, including appropriate metrics and statistics.
- Use communication and teamwork skills to build and maintain successful working relationships throughout the organization. Listens effectively, builds strong relationships, and openly shares best practices, tools and expertise.
- Promote patient, physician and employee satisfaction by uncovering customer needs through open-ended questions and clarifying expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering / Project Management / Engineering Management / other related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Previous experience in performance/process improvement projects including but not limited to Lean, Six Sigma methodologies.
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering / Engineering Management / Business Administration / Healthcare Administration
- Advanced training or experience in performing statistical, financial and strategic analyses.
- Experience managing healthcare - related projects and familiarity with healthcare provider industry.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.