Sales Representative (Hardscape)
• Develop relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
• Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
• Understand our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
• Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
• Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
• Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders
• Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
• Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
• Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
• Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information
• Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits
• Attend trade shows throughout the year as required
• Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
• Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
• Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
• Ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Intermediate computer proficiency.
• Valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two (2) plus years’ experience in channel distribution sales
• Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural stone, hardscaping, landscaping or hard flooring industries.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Good communication and people skills
• Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work well alone or within a team
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
• Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msisurfaces.com or submit your resume at https://www.msisurfaces.com/careers/Search?ln=Baltimore%2C+MD
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.