This position leverages its advanced knowledge of predictive modeling analytics to develop, test, and validate models for various functions within the company. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Demonstrates advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and actuarial research techniques, while broadening knowledge of the business and deepening its area(s) of expertise. Understands and analyzes complex insurance risk factors and articulates, to various units within the company at the appropriate level, the business inferences from complex mathematical and computational concepts which has a potentially sizeable dollar impact on pricing, marketing, finance, and risk management. Provides direction and insight on research solutions to problems presented. May manage one or more advanced research projects simultaneously.
* Bachelor's degree in a highly technical/quantitative discipline such as Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
* ACAS certification preferred
* 4+ years experience in developing exposure models, or other relevant experience in predictive analytics. Emphasis on personal lines but commercial lines experience a plus.
* Advanced knowledge of actuarial statistics/assumptions for rate making, loss reserve and forecasting, and company operations
* Familiar with internal and external statistical plans and sources of data, and the use of spreadsheet applications
* Ability to work independently with Product Management, Underwriting, Marketing, and Finance on actuarial analysis and make recommendations regarding appropriate courses of actions
* Aware of emerging issues affecting personal lines
* Ability to understanding of risk modeling, risk assessment, and uncertainty analysis
* Experience with SAS, Microsoft Excel and Access
* Proven ability to independently research and solve problems
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to manage priorities of varying complexity
* Excellent written and verbal skills