Area Sales Manager
Summary of Position Requirements:
Responsible for Division sales training and administration. Enforces sales procedures and helps to ensure procedures are understood and followed by all New Home Consultants. Ensures compliance with Lennar as well as Department of Real Estate rules & regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of Sales in all sales related items as well as in the acquisition feasibility study.
- Assists in hiring and administers an adequate New Home Consultants force to meet Division goals.
- Helps to implement sales goals and training programs as needed to meet Division goals.
- Responsible for controlling incentive costs to preserve margins.
- Assists and guides New Home Consultants with sales techniques to achieve maximum sales and satisfied homeowners.
- Responsible to ensure that all New Home Consultants coordinate regularly with other field and office associates to insure timely closings and satisfied homeowners.
- Responsible for assisting the Closing Coordinator with tracking closings and issuance of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports.
- Reviews and monitors New Home Consultant’s paperwork to insure accuracy and compliance with all Lennar guidelines and state regulations.
- Coordinates as needed with other department associates regarding escrow process, construction schedules, model maintenance, customer care and homeowner scheduling of events.
- Assists with input regarding advertising, and promotional needs.
- Monitors market trends and competition studies done by the New Home Consultant.
- Assists New Home Consultant in quarterly marketing initiatives and ensure New Home Consultant has completed and turned in a quarterly marketing plan.
- Assist in planning and coordinating Division Phone Banks and special sales functions.
- Attend all special promotional events for Communities.
- Attend all community Developer meetings.
- Supervise and monitor all sales associates’ job performance.
- Audit Inventory on HAR for content and photos.
- Ensure New Home Sales Consultant has a Spotlight flyer on targeted home(s).
- Drive communities and check for compliance of signage, landscaping on completed inventory.
- Walk completed inventory with New Home Sales Consultant to ensure the home meets our presentation requirements.
- Address sales associate personnel issues, including disciplinary actions, with Director of Sales or VP of Sales.
- Assist the DOS or VP of Sales in problem solving all escrow and closing issues between all parties, i.e. Closing Coordinator, New Home Consultants, Realtors escrow companies, lenders, title companies, Sales Coordinator, customers and/or homeowners along with any other Division Associates.
- Assists in all aspects of Model Home openings as instructed by the DOS or VP of Sales.
- Manages New Home Consultant Appointment tracking log and follow-up.
- Assist in training New Home Sales Consultants in increasing Referral percentages.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 5–7 years in residential sales, sales management and/or real estate or management related industries.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in associate, public relations, and homeowners.
- Possess and exercise mature judgment. Must be resourceful and present a professional public image.
- Must have ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Strong work ethic; loyal; trustworthy; and being a Team Player is a must.
- Advanced computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office and CRM on Demand (Siebel) or other stand-alone sales support system.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Requires resourcefulness, patience and clarity.
- Strong Management and motivational skills.
- Diplomacy and good public presence.
This is primarily a field position requiring driving. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 50 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard and telephone equipment. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.