As a part of our continued growth we are looking for dedicated and passionate Yard Workers. As a Yard Worker you will be responsible for removing parts from cars in our yard. The Yard Worker will also be responsible for maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers always. We are seeking candidates who are extremely motivated and are excited about the opportunity to support all operational processes and procedures. If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Self Service Essential Job Duties:
- Could operate a forklift or loader to assist to move cars from process to the yard
- Clean out debris from cars before they go into processing area
- Pull out batteries to be tested to be resold. Bring charged batteries to the retail area
- Work with Loader Operator to stage cars or pull cars in yard properly
- Walk the yard and place debris in the cars being removed from the yard
- Dismantle tires
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Ensure all EPA and OSHA regulations are being met
- Wear all required PPE
- Complies with established company policies and procedures.
- Initiates and supports the continual improvement of LKQ's quality improvement system.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a forklift and meet medium level physical exertion requirements, including lifting to 75 pounds frequently.
- Basic math and reading skills to perform job tasks and complete necessary paperwork
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- You must also work well as part of a team and be willing to work long hours when necessary.
- It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.