Facility: SOUTHEAST TEXAS TRANSITIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Works under limited supervision, access, supervise and perform maintenance work needed in the facility, including but not limited to; plumbing, carpentry, electrical, landscaping, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform facility maintenance (including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, landscaping, etc.) as directed by the Facility Director, so that the facility operation is not adversely affected.
- Maintain security and control of all tools so safety and security of the staff and facility are maintained.
- Follow all maintenance safety procedures and ensure compliance so that resident and staff accidents are prevented.
- Respond to facility maintenance requests in a timely manner, so that facility is always in a safe condition.
- Maintain maintenance logs, tool inventories, Material Safety Data Sheets, chemical inventories, etc. in accordance with applicable requirements
- Be aware of and convey resident's communications to appropriate supervisors so that preventive measures can be taken to maintain the health, safety and security of the facility, residents and staff.
- Run errands to pick up necessary supplies as needed, to ensure they are on hand to keep the facility running smoothly.
- Communicate with residents and staff in a professional manner to affirm and enhance self-esteem and dignity and to maintain positive resident/staff relations.
- Participate in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintain confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is only given on a “need to know” basis.
- Comply with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adhere to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Comply with Facility safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years general maintenance and/or related construction trade.
- Must have knowledge of equipment necessary for making proper repairs.
- Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation