This semi-skilled position performs labor, maintenance and repair work in the construction, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, or electrical trades. Work involves physical labor and repair work of a routine nature following established work methods and performed independently or occasionally more advanced work, which is laid out in advance by the supervisor.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Repair and maintain buildings, mechanical equipment, work on plumbing, electrical, and some air-conditioning and heating systems
- Build partitions, make plaster or drywall repairs, fix, remodel or paint roofs, windows, walls, doors, floors, woodwork, or other parts of building structures.
- Troubleshoot and fix faulty electrical switches/outlets, basic electrical wiring both high and low voltage, replace/repair motors, unclog toilets and drains.
- Inspect and diagnose problems and determine the best way to handle them; use basic diagnostic tools such as voltage testers, multi-meters, thermometers, etc.
- On-call as assigned and mandatory call in for essential duties such as snow removal.
- Obtain supplies from approved vendors upon approval from supervisor.
- Replace or repair broken parts.
- Move heavy furniture/equipment.
- Install machinery, furniture, fixtures, locks.
- Strip wax from tile and wood floors, resurface same.
- Remove or install carpeting, tile or other flooring.
- Provides heavy and light routine cleaning, such as scrubbing walls, polishing brass, or floors, bathroom cleaning/stocking, garbage removal, carpet scrubbing/extracting.
- Perform outdoor grounds maintenance including grass cutting, pruning, shrub and tree removal, snow removal; ability to operate heavy and light snow removal/treatment equipment.
- Maintain clean safe workplace, mindful of other employees’ and clients’ safety and working/living needs.
- Able to perform strenuous, physically demanding labor duties such as, but not limited to, snow removal, salting, furniture moves, concrete work, shoveling, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 21 years of age, have High school diploma preferred or minimum of 2 years’ experience in general maintenance and repair work.
Must have valid PA driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. Must be physically fit and capable of lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.; must be able to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
Current child and FBI clearances required.
TCV Community Services considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status