Sales Development Program
Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc. (LG&E) is seeking College Graduates to join our L.E.A.D. (LearnEngageAchieveDevelope) Program in January 2022.
This LeadershipDevelopment Program is designed to help employees understand the LG&E business and gain an overview of not only what the business does, but how to run the daily functions in the business. It is designed to expose you to key areas within our Operations and Sales arenas while you develop leadership skills through on-the-job experiences, project assignments and formal training. You will work on challenging projects and continuously build your skills, helping to prepare innovative solutions, that will prepare you for a dynamic role within our Sales Team.
You will work as part of a team, receive guidance from a mentor and report to local Leadership, and see how your education applies in a global business setting. This is a unique opportunity to gain a broad knowledge of the business while still obtaining in-depth knowledge about the area in which you will have a career path. At the end of the day, you will have actual work experiences, measurable results, and insights into what it takes to succeed at Linde.
You will move into a permanent role in Sales, as a Territory Manager, at the end of the 12-month development program in the Hillside, IL area. The development assignment will be based in Hillside, IL.
Sales Development Program
- Active participation in a 12-month development program to learn and understand the PDI business which includes learning operations, production, and sales responsibilities in both the production and internal and external sales environments, including learning all applicable internal customer and sales data systems.
- May lead and administer special projects in sales execution supporting a general sales manager and his/her team of territory managers.
- Works in a team environment to develop solutions and sales strategies for customers, utilizing welding engineering expertise.
- May troubleshoot specific customer problems, onsite at customers, sharing technical knowledge and recommending solutions.
- May demonstrate products and applications to new account customers or participate in customer demonstrations with senior sales professionals.
- Will participate in cold calling, both onsite and via phone, to potential targets.
- May supervise a set of customer accounts promoting sales, negotiating product supply agreements, and providing account service to assigned and potential customers.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with internal and external customers to meet their needs.
- Ensures compliance with Linde policy and government regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales or Business Management or related field required.
- 1-2 years work experience, including internships in designated degree areas required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership in campus activities, clubs, sports, or community.
- Be innovative, flexible, committed, ambitious and determined.
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills.
- Actively and visibly supports culture of collaborative safety and health in the workplace.
- Demonstrates commitment to high level of operational discipline and compliance to standard work procedures.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.