Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Lehigh Technical has partnered with a growing aerospace and defense manufacturing company that is looking to add a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to their team. This company is experiencing tremendous growth and has plenty of opportunities for long-term career advancement. In addition to advancement opportunities, they have some excellent benefits including a matching 401k, generous PTO, and pet insurance!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer will act under the general supervision of a Manufacturing Engineering Manager on multiple assignments of complex nature and broad scope.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the candidate will be a part of a dynamic team to design and develop manufacturing processes for new and legacy product lines. This includes but not limited to process improvements, tooling, test fixturing, manufacturing instructions, and problem-solving.
- Continually improve manufacturing methods/systems and process/ product improvements to optimize product performance and reduce manufacturing costs. Identify, design, implement, and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Determine specific requirements of manufacturing operation to specify equipment, fixturing, and process parameters. Collaborate on design with suppliers to fulfill equipment and fixturing requirements.
- Provides production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties, and specifications.
- Compiles and evaluates test and production data, prepares technical analysis, recommends manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Provides support in the development, modification, and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, factory work standards development, and the like.
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned tasks within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Ensures that the quality policy and quality system is understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization.
- Develop plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability through equipment qualification and process validation.
- Applies six sigma methodologies as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience in designing/analyzing components, assemblies, and tooling with high precision tolerances.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical and Electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience in technical writing (work instructions, reports, etc.) with an attention to detail for formatting, consistency, and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD modeling, assemblies, and drawings (SolidWorks / AutoDesk Inventor).
- Proficiency in MS Excel (formulas, lookup functions, etc).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reference manuals, engineering standards, and vendor component catalogs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with all operational disciplines.
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing principles and six sigma methodologies.
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic Valve assembly and test experience.
- Knowledge of visual programming languages a plus (LabVIEW, Simulink, etc.)
- Knowledge of text-based programming languages a plus (MATLAB, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of Electromechanical components and PLC troubleshooting
- Previous experience with aviation or medical equipment qualification processes desirable.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean certification a plus
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in financial and statistical analysis
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strive for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external.
- Ability to provide cross-functional and organizational leadership within a highly matrixed organization.
Education & Experience
- Typically requires a minimum level of knowledge that is acquired through a four-year college degree in an applicable field and three years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation)
- Intermittent travel required – Less than 5% expected
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.