Director of Facility Services
Cascades-Verdae, Greenville’s Premier Retirement Community is now accepting applications for Director of Facility Services. This position plans, directs, organizes and supervises the short term, scheduled, preventative, and emergency maintenance for the equipment, buildings and grounds of the campus. Previous verifiable experience required.
This position is a working position & part of the Executive Team. Responsible for providing overall supervision for all maintenance personnel, housekeeping personnel and projects pertaining to each department.
We offer 26 days of PTO + PTO Payout Program - request up to 50% of earned/unused PTO for payout every pay period. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Education Reimbursement and 401k with match.
Experience and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree /certification from a technical program in at least three of the following: mechanics, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler systems, landscaping, or HVAC required.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and general maintenance.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar maintenance position desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain acceptable cost control.
- Possess efficient computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents and employees.
- Ability to work with, train and develop unskilled employees.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted flooring, normal office noise levels)
- Climb up to two flights of stairs
- Safely climb an extension ladder up to and above roof height
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more
- Swim at least 25 yards.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required