Continuous Improvement Engineer
The Continuous Improvement Process Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the Continuous Improvement program (CI). The CI Process Engineer will provide initiatives to increase productivity and decrease manufacturing costs through process improvement, production equipment modification, material re-engineering, manufacturing flow optimization and other innovative solutions while maintaining an accident-free workplace.
- Develop, implement and communicate strategies, goals, and objectives to improve plant and company performance to ensure long term adoption.
- Directly involved in the entire development through installation testing process to include direct hands on activities.
- Re-engineer existing equipment to meet new optimization, reliability, safety, throughput, and process requirements.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials by restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Ensure CI project goals are met and sustained through the development of effective control plans.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement and Quality Management System processes and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Experience implementing and leading Lean, Continuous Improvement, and Kaizen projects in order to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Aggressively tackle engineering projects head-on with confidence and ownership
- Lead kaizen events using 5S, value stream mapping and standard work
- Analyze process data and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and suggest ideas to improve production.
- Lead plant equipment safety projects.
- Prepares capital requests based on identified needs.
- Assists manager in development of total cost analysis of operations
- Develop new Lean training procedures for plant personnel (lead Lean Culture and CI coaching).
- Use Excel and PowerPoint to present process improvement ideas to Sr. Management
- Developing and executing Capital and Expense Projects.
- Participates in Root Cause Analyses (RCA’s) in the Problem Solving Process.
- Training personnel on operation and troubleshooting of new equipment.
- Create and improve current SOP’s and SWP’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering
- Continuous Improvement and/or Lean-Six Sigma experience
- Two (2) – five (5) years Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
You can see similar jobs for here