Facility: KINGMAN CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
• At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
• We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
• Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Under moderate supervision, performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems, pumping, security and sensor equipment. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Overhauls and services air conditioning, heating, and ventilating equipment. Removes and installs motors, thermostats, and humidistat.
- Repairs and replaces worn and broken parts on condensers, compressors, and water and vacuum pumps.
- Repairs and adjusts valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings; adjusts electrical parts and equipment; adjusts expansion valves and adds gas to refrigeration units; and tests refrigeration equipment for refrigerant leaks.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on repairs and service to equipment.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC or refrigeration systems and equipment. Thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted for each year of experience on a year for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two years.
- Current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved Type I and Type II Refrigerant Recovery Certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.