Environmental Specialist- On Site Services Fremont, CA
Environmental Specialist I
The candidate would be responsible for non-supervisory tasks on hazardous and non-hazardous waste work projects. Includes all types of manual labor in cleaning operations, decontamination operations, vacuum projects, waste handling, packaging and loading of project related materials. Requires daily local travel, and extended work hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate company vehicle, pick-up truck in order to mobilize to and from multiple customer sites in the Bay Area over the course of a day and week. Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading, and coordinating transportation.
- Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
- Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
- Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paper work to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
- Sorting and labeling of waste materials for disposal.
- Maintain accurate hazardous waste inspection records.
- Manage all excess site materials.
- Solvent line and tank monitoring.
- Manage precious metals solution/materials reclaim.
- Decontamination of excess or scrap equipment.
- Disposal of excess or scrap equipment.
- Manage battery and light bulb disposal.
- Epoxy and solder debris collection.
- Collect and transport hazardous waste on site to the Hazardous Waste Shed.
- The collection and removal of all hazardous materials from designated Satellite Accumulations locations.
High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred
Class B CDL with Hazmat endorsement preferred
Capability to complete a waste manifest
Intermediate to Advanced computer skills
Understanding of DOT Hazmat Segregation table
Published 2 days ago
You can see similar jobs for here