Application Development Lead - Azure / Cloud Developer
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
The Application Development Lead is a subject matter expert in C# development and is responsible for the design, implementation, and effective support of related technologies. In addition, this individual has a knowledge and understanding of Cloud environments and ideally will have worked with Azure as well as creating Web Based API’s. Working as part of a team, this individual will lead project efforts and mentor junior staff throughout the life cycle of projects in support of our technologies. This role is responsible for leading design, implementation, and troubleshooting efforts and is directly accountable for the results.
- Serves as key subject matter expert in the field of Microsoft technologies, maintaining a deep understanding of the field and its related technologies.
- Operates at a “high level” expert regarding IT systems and solutions, defining the technology direction and vision, methodology, and standards for Applications for a team of developers.
- Designs and develops new processes, programs and configuration to support the business. Translates process into practice through the current Information Technology and Methodology tool sets, all the while promoting acceptance from the stakeholder community through active participation.
- Analyzes business needs and identify effective, potential technical solutions. Project involvement is multi-disciplinary and complex in scope. A thorough awareness of Goodyear’s technical environment, coupled with cross- functional knowledge of business process, is needed to make decisions.
- Continually analyzes and measures performance, availability and scalability of applications.
- Leads other team members to ensure that solutions are built in a consistent framework to a high-quality standard and to specifications.
- Troubleshoots, investigates and persists. Develop solutions to problems with unknown causes by applying logic, inference, persistence and experience with creative initiative. Confers with stakeholder community on problem determination. Makes joint analysis decisions on cause and correction methods. Provides cross-functional support and maintenance for responsible areas.
- Engages in code review and designs review with development team.
- Provides technical mentorship and direction to more junior development staff.
- Tracks to project plans. Monitors results and makes adjustments to priorities in order to accomplish objectives on time and under budget.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Technology
Relevant Technical Skills
- Knowledge of general computer environments/platforms, familiarity with various computer languages and database structures.
- Ability to organize a project schedule and communicate with internal/external team members. Independent thinker, good work ethic, conscientious and self-motivated.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.