Maintenance Mechanic II
Completes skilled trade duties in operation, maintenance and repair of buildings, related equipment and systems with minimal supervision.
- Maintain and repair electrical circuits, wiring and signs, replace switches, receptacles, ballasts, circuit breakers, motors, fans and lights.
- Complete general work including painting, concrete repairs, parking lot clean-up, landscaping, storm drains, pothole repairs, grass/shrubs trimming, snow removal and salt walkways and inspect fire extinguishers.
- Maintain and repair plumbing fixtures, lavatories, faucets, sinks, water heaters, supply and drain lines, irrigation and sprinkler systems. Replace plumbing fixtures and assist other mechanics with installing and remolding plumbing systems.
- Inspect and replace HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) filters and belts as necessary, ensure drip pans are kept clean and operational, maintain proper water levels in boilers, blow-down boilers and pneumatic compressors, maintain thermostats, time clock settings and energy management systems. Maintain responsibility for ongoing operation of HVAC systems in assigned buildings and/or branches.
- Maintain and repair walls, interior and exterior trim, ceilings, doors, floors, fences and gates. Repair minor roof leaks and glaze windows.
- Participate in ATM light meter readings.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on buildings and systems, operate and maintaining tools associated with general building maintenance.
- Respond to maintenance requests pertaining to building maintenance including after hour emergencies.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position ensures electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems are operating properly to provide a safe and comfortable environment for employees and customers.
Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or relevant vocational trade school and a minimum of 5 years’ electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC maintenance and repair experience
Experience in the operation and maintenance of related trade tools and test equipment
Good knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general building maintenance
Some knowledge of HVAC and mechanical systems maintenance and building codes
Valid state driver’s license
Possession of specific licenses and certifications as required by locality
Education and Experience Preferred:
Fishkill, New York, United States of America