Director of Business Development- Distribution
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.Description
Summary: The Director, Business Development will be responsible for growing Performance Team’s business throughout the United States, with a focus on distribution/warehousing and e-commerce fulfillment services. This individual will drive revenue growth through new business development and expansion of existing business, as well as, participate in and support the development and implementation of sales, marketing, and operational projects. This is a national position, however, is based in Southern California.
Only candidates with related industry experience will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes strategic sales plans and goals that align with the company’s short- and long-term plans.
- Plans and directs sales activities to achieve service-level and budgeted financial objectives.
- Effectively brands and markets PT’s services to gain market share.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new or enhanced sales policies, practices and programs to develop new customers and improve the company’s productivity, competitiveness and profitability.
- Provides strategic direction and management of RFP responses and pricing to deliver best possible business outcome.
- Manages and services own portfolio of customer accounts, prepares quarterly business reviews, manages and helps resolve customer issues.
- Increases utilization of PT’s assets and leverages partner carriers to develop solutions and service models to creatively meet customer needs.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships and communication with other PT departments in order to maintain superior service levels and ensure customer growth at profitable levels.
- Utilizes CRM to ensure companies, contacts, and opportunities are up-to-date and managed accordingly.
- Oversees the coordination of key sales & marketing functions.
- Conducts research on new prospects and potential partners and shares relevant learnings with the team.
- Develops customer-facing PowerPoint presentations and analysis based on customer data and information.
- Engages in other aspects of sales & marketing as directed by leadership
- Position is full-time and on-site.
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ year’s direct sales experience; with an emphasis on partnering and developing business with major retail and wholesale accounts.
- Extensive background in 3PL sales specifically distribution (retail, wholesale, e-commerce, and omni-channel fulfillment)
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business development, negotiations, customer acquisition and retention.
- Extensive background selling to retailers and fashion, apparel, footwear, consumer products, and automotive customers as well as, working at a 3PL or non-asset based organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of warehousing solutions, pricing, and market factors that drive new business.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, ability to develop and guide behavior and work effectively at all levels within the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office (primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) as well as CRM tools.