EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Plant Operator
Job Summary: Plant Operator for a 12.5 MW Cogeneration and Central Utility Plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and monitor a gas fired turbine power plant to provide 150 lb steam, electricity, heating hot water and chilled water to campus.
- Operate a gas / #2 fuel boiler plant as a backup.
- Monitor 34.5KV, 5KV and switchgear electrical systems.
- Perform maintenance on all plant equipment as directed
- Stand a 12 hour seven day rotating shift
- Follow written operating procedures.
- Have ability to work in a power plant environment that includes; climbing stairs and ladders, walking long distances, standing, and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Perform work in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards.
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Good Verbal and written communication
- A minimum of 2+ years job related work experience
- Basic computer skills.
- Navy (GSM, GSE, and MM ratings) or Maritime experience is desirable.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.