FSUSP prides itself on offering internal employees with proven skills and commitment opportunities for advancement within the organization. Applicants for this position will be screened for their current performance and will be interviewed by the Human Resource Manager and appropriate department manager for skills required of the posted opportunity.
General Description of Duties:
Facilities Maintenance Workers are scheduled 24/7 and report to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and are responsible for keeping all parking areas including structures clean and free of litter and trash. The Lead Maintenance Worker also has the responsibility of Foreman, and is responsible for assuming the Supervisor's duties in his absence. Maintenance Worker's tasks include, but are not limited to:
* Operating company vehicles in a safe manner.
* Removing trash from all parking areas, cashier booths, and administrative offices.
* Use mechanized sweepers for approved areas.
* Reporting any noted deficiencies and damages in any facility to the maintenance supervisor.
* Cleaning cashier booths including floors and windows.
* Clean office spaces and restrooms.
* Providing customer assists including courtesy jump start, tire inflations, assists to find lost vehicles, and removing snow from customers' vehicles during snow events.
* Painting and minor report as scheduled.
* Minor pothole repair.
* Minor landscaping (planters).
* Replacing damaged/missing signage.
* Snow removal tasks such as shoveling bus shelters during snow events.
* Performing other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED required.
A minimum of 1+ year experience.
Must possess a valid state issued driver's license.
Must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance with FSUSP standards.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
OSHA certification and knowledge of MDSS preferred.
How to Apply: Candidates interested in the position are to apply for the position on the website www.gcaservices.com click on careers tabs and search for available positions/Dulles, VA (ZIP - 20166). If the applicant has any questions on the position or any issues with the website, they may contact H.R. Manager for additional support.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required.