Controls Engineer II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science, and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will primarily working with a team of manufacturing engineers and technicians by supporting the manufacturing floor. Regular interaction with other engineers, technicians, quality, and production operators. Proactively support evaluation of all activities within a work cell and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials to resolve problems quickly. Expected to proactively support development and improvements of manufacturing processes by studying the product and production methods and work with a team of engineers to drive efficiency into daily activity. Support production floor issues by working with the floor operators and applying RCA logic as needed to determine the best path forward in a timely manner.
Proven aptitude to support working from written / verbal instructions, specifications, technical manuals, and engineering sketches. Support process IQIOQPQ validation based on project plans which includes modifications and training to standard operating procedures (SOPs) as needed. Support company policies and procedures, goals, and objectives. Work independently, with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Utilize a strong understanding of PLC programming, Networking, machine vision, electrical and controls systems to ensure the operability of existing production machines.
- Must be able to create PLC programs or make changes to existing programs using Rockwell Automation Software/Maple Systems Software to accomplish daily assignments.
- Review and analyze codes, schematics, and documentation supplied by equipment vendors
- Provide guidance for the safe installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical control systems, including components of the machinery and equipment
- Observe all regulatory requirements GMP's, ISO, internal policies.
- Observe and maintain the validated state of existing validated equipment and work within those guides when repairs and improvements.
- Become a subject matter expect (SME) for all automation activities and train junior engineers, technicians and operators as needed.
Who you are:
- BS in Engineering preferred (e.g. Electrical, Software, Manufacturing) from an accredited college/university
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of production control systems for advanced technology facilities
- Experience in a commercial medical, biotechnology, Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- PLC Programming, Motion Control and HMI experience (AB PLCs, PanelView HMIs, Rockwell Software products, Maple Systems software)
- Machine Vision Experience is preferred (Cognex In-Sight Explorer)
- In depth knowledge of Rockwell Software packages is preferred.
- Experience with SCADA and historian systems (Ignition, OSI Pi, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across disciplines
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.