Material Handler II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Material Handler II for Millipore Sigma will work independently and in coordination with the Production Team, Lead or Supervisor. This role will be responsible for operations related to final packaging or boxing of products to the established quality standards to meet customer demand and expectations. Additionally, optimizing operations to realize maximum efficiency and productivity. Will perform basic troubleshooting and maintain equipment and area cleanliness. Interfaces and works with safety, quality, engineering and senior manufacturing personnel in identifying and implementing process improvements and process validations. Additional responsibilities include;
- Serve as a positive role model to peers for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Quality Management System as they pertain to Materials Control, Handling, Line Opening/Closing, and labelling.
- Verifies that product being moved has an appropriate Pallet Placard & QC Stamp before moving.
- Assist in relieving operators during breaks & lunches. (As per your supervisor’s schedule)
- Communicate to the manufacturing team of any issues or opportunities that may affect product quality.
- Understand and follow all written documents including standard operating procedures (SOP’s), forms
- Clean and replenish VLMs
- Work directly with the kitting room and the shippers/receivers to coordinate all material needed for the shop floor
- Return remaining material back to its ERP location
- Assist with weekly cycle counts
- Issue material to work orders when needed
- Print pick lists/ pick work orders
- Wrap all skids of finished goods or WIP and safely move them to their proper location
- Lift up to 35lbs, sometimes frequently
- Stand for 8 hours at a time
Who You Are:
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience in warehouse operations
- Regulated Manufacturing experience
- Strong knowledge of QMS, ISO and cGMP
- Strong knowledge of good documentation practices
- Ability to operate PCs, printers, Word, Excel, Access, Oracle
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.