Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
At Mill Creek Residential, the Design Manager is a key member of the Development and Construction teams, and functions in a support role to the Vice President, Managing or Senior Managing Director of the Division. The Associate manages all aspects of Interior design, including project specifications, and provides input on site and unit development plans, building amenity programming, and leads the selection process for interior design consultants.
The Design Manager will interface with project teams, including designers, architects, landscapers, and audio-visual Consultants, as well as with our internal Operations and Marketing department members. In addition, the Design Manager will establish project Furnishings, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) budgets and manage procurement of same, for each asset, and work with our investors and construction teams to see a project through the permitting process and construction. The Interior Design Associate will maintain the highest level of design principles and documents for all projects to ensure health, safety & welfare of the public within a space.
- Generate interior design concepts and provide finish specifications for Units’ Interiors.
- Coordinate between development and operations to program leasing offices, amenity areas and back of house
- Review Consultants’ proposals, and provide bid analysis and negotiation of terms as needed to finalize contracts.
- Lead, review and manage third party Interior Design Consultants through Schematics, Design Development and Installation of Amenities’ Spaces.
- Review MEP drawings to ensure accuracy of electrical, thermostat and lighting locations.
- Work with Pre-Construction, Construction, Design and Sub-contractor teams to value engineer/reselect products as needed, while maintaining design integrity.
- Communicate to the Vice President, Managing Director/Senior Managing Director any critical issues.
- Review Architectural plans in conjunction with Interior Design Drawings, to ensure proper coordination.
- Lead, review and manage Landscaping, A/V, Fitness and Signage Consultants process through installation.
- Conduct regular site walk-throughs to address issues and ensure conformance to design specifications.
- Review and manage progress of Model Units Designs and Project Renderings.
- Maintain knowledge of Design trends and innovative products, and conduct market research and tour pertinent local comps.
- Assist with final deliverables, ensuring the quality of the final output and seek feedback post initiative.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, preferably from an accredited design program. Significant and applicable prior experience in a similar position may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7-10 years professional experience in the design field, preferably within multi-family, commercial or hospitality industries.
- NCIDQ certification and LEED accreditation preferred
About the Benefits of joining the Mill Creek Team
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!