Manufacturing Engineer III
Manufacturing Engineer III
Job ID(Requisition ID): 4546
Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. Precision Technologies Concord is looking for a Dynamic Manufacturing Engineer who has an extensive capability in mechanical manufacturing. Our customers are leading Original Equipment Manufacturers who require exacting precision mechanical production capabilities. Our product lines include the, Aerospace, Healthcare Scientific Instrumentation, and complex electro-mechanical equipment. Our Capabilities Include:
• Precision CNC Milling and Turning
• Precision 5-Axis Grinding of Aerospace Turbine Engine Nozzles and Blades
• Close Tolerance (Micron level) Grinding
• Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) NADCAP approved
• Complex Electro-Mechanical assembly and test (Class 1K & 10K clean room)
• Functional testing
• CMM Capabilities Summary This position will entails working as part of an Integrated Program Team including Program Management, Materials, Production, and Quality functions to promote an efficient and well organized manufacturing operation.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Completes projects in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as, presentation skills.
• Works individually or in teams.
• Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
• Participates in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up with the team in a presentation format.
• Demonstrates the ability to solve and document moderately complex cross departmental issues using structured problem solving tools.
• Able to travel up to 10% of time including day or overnight travel as required.
• Experienced with SPC, GD&T, FMEA and Solidworks
• Experienced with Dimensional Analysis and Configuration Control
• Mechanical machining experience in a CNC machine shop desirable
• Green Belt certification desirable
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Attend design reviews and provides product evaluations to insure the product design lends itself to practical, economical manufacturing techniques.
• Evaluates the requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment required to support the manufacturing operations.
• Participates in Material Review Board (MRB) activities and takes an active role in the dispositioning of discrepant material and/or assemblies.
• Coordinates with the Methods and Tooling groups and provides the technical product or specification drawing interpretations required for the design and fabrication of assembly tools, fixtures, and process methods instructions.
• Provides manufacturing assembly flow charts required to support efficient product flow
• Reviews engineering design drawings prior to “Production Release” for product producibility and compatibility with state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques.
5+ years manufacturing engineering experience with strong technical and project management experience
4 year Manufacturing Engineering or technical degree preferred
Concord, CA, USA
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.