Kitchen Equipment Technician
The kitchen equipment technician performs various functions to keep the activities of commercial kitchens running smoothly.
Perform repairs and maintenance duties on a wide variety of kitchen and refrigeration equipment such as walk-in freezers, industrial-sized steam cookers, refrigerators, ice machines, washers, ovens, dryers, dishwashers, and water coolers.
Carry out periodic inspection, cleaning, and equipment servicing
Log into the work order management system to find, accept, and complete the work requests
Carry out installation of new equipment; perform repairs on leaks; ensure settings o wiring controls; change equipment parts that have become old or defective
Collaborate with other maintenance workers, company’s officials, and staff to effectively provide solutions to maintenance problems
Attend quickly to emergency call on equipment repair issues, as well as to after work hour calls
Perform other duties the supervisor may assign.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Profound knowledge of how various types of kitchen and refrigeration equipment work
Outstanding soldering and blazing skills, applying oxygen/propane
Strong ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, and to follow manuals on operation and installation to successful complete tasks
Strong ability to apply various types of equipment safely and efficiently, and to maintain and service them
Exceptional ability to work independently without direct supervision and take responsibility for the repair of assigned equipment
Strong ability to prioritize assigned tasks for increased job delivery
Exceptional ability to properly investigate problems with food equipment, discover the issue, and correct it
Ability to work in a team setting with other maintenance workers, and also with staff and members of the public
Strong ability to quickly understand and carry out both written and oral instructions effectively
Strong keyboarding and basic computer skills
Possess refrigerant transition and recovery certification
Repair and maintenance experience in the commercial kitchen or dinning service field
Strong knowledge of plumbing repair and installation practice and procedure
Strong knowledge of basic electrical practice, theory, and safety
Strong knowledge of the fundamental of commercial refrigeration practice and theory
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Vocational/Technical/Business certification in related field preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years management experience of large hotel or similar Casino type operation which includes high volume production, catering and multi-unit aspects as well as larger staff management at Sous Chef level or above required.
• Management training and/or culinary education preferred.
• Possess advanced knowledge of single unit culinary operations.
• Ability to handle high volume a la carte kitchen cooking, high volume catering/banquet production and expediting of food during peak periods of business in all stated areas.
• Possess advanced skill level in hands–on training of staff.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS – ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Primary work environment is in a climate-controlled restaurant environment within a gaming facility. Incumbents may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
• Employee may be exposed to highly stressful situations where a great deal of tact and diplomacy is necessary.
• Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person.
• Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
• Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities, guests and employees.
• Strength sufficient to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds below or at waist level and occasionally lift, move or carry objects over 50 pounds below and at waist level.
• Mobility sufficient to safely move in a restaurant and gaming facility; handle or feel objects, tools or controls, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
• Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
• Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
• The employee will be exposed potential physical hazards (hot ovens/stoves, sharp blades, automated equipment) which require constant attention to environment/surroundings.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
- Pay Type Hourly