Location: Clinton, TN
Shift: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday 4:00pm- 2:00am
The Transportation Distribution Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising all driver and warehouse activities on a daily basis within a cross dock operation. The position oversees the receiving, warehousing, packaging and shipping of product consistent with superior customer service while maintaining cost objectives. The Supervisor is responsible for establishing labor requirements, planning, and scheduling of driver and warehouse functions and may assist the Operations Manager with long-term planning. This position will also be cross-trained in others areas of the business, including Transportation and Transportation Management.
- Coordinate workload of up to 15 associates by assigning work functions to all staff as necessary to meet the needs of our customers
- Provide the highest quality service to our customers through efficient, cost effective, accurate and damage-free storage of products
- Maintain a safe working environment by following company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure departmental key performance indicators (KPI) are being met
- Use and ensure WMS, TruckMate and PeopleNet systems are updated accurately and promptly
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of special projects such as physical inventory and new accounts
- Identify needs and make recommendations regarding department procedures and process changes
- Ensure accurate inventory levels by maintaining accurate counts in the warehouse management system (WMS)
- Manage inventory control issues and corrections
- Train new hires to ensure understanding of company processes and procedures
- Conduct employee performance evaluations, and corrective action
- Recognize and motivate associates
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years leading and supervising in warehouse environment
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with a warehouse management system (WMS)
- Forklift operator certificate and/or license required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build credible relationship with customer and build effective teams.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives in order to make the best overall value decisions considering labor, cost, customer expectations and other factors.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, attention to detail and strong computer skills
- Solid judgement, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Proven record of taking initiative and responsibility, both individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or associates
See Job Description