Regional Facility Manager
The role is responsible for managing the facility operations at the assigned site within the client’s owned portfolio in accordance with client requirements. This position also has accountability for all lines of business JLL provides at the site, JLL’s third party supplier relationships, and leading a team of 18-22 Facility Management professionals. Key responsibilities include:
Client Relationship Management
- The Regional Facility Manager is senior manager for JLL on site and ultimately owns our service delivery at that site, across all service lines.
- Ensuring the JLL delivery is continuously delivering both operational excellence in our service and delighting the customers in their experience with our services.
- Own the site level relationships with the key client representatives and on site key stakeholders to discuss ongoing service delivery, user experience and forward planning for the facility, maintaining a positive working environment that is conducive of surfacing and resolving the root cause of issues.
- Meet or exceed defined client feedback scorecard objectives, develop action plans to address any issues and seek out opportunities for the continuous improvement of our services.
- Responsible for overall team management, staff development, recruiting, on-boarding and organizational design planning. Execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Nurture an environment conducive to good teamwork and cooperation among colleagues, including supporting a culture of diversity and inclusion and strong ethical behavior.
- Coach and develop employees to reach full potential, proactively dealing directly and quickly with performance issues and positioning employees for success within the firm.
- Proactively promote safety mindset in everything we do by implementing “goal zero injuries” strategy.
- Deliver services as defined in the Master Agreement. Typical services could include but are not limited to the following: dining services, janitorial, mail, landscaping/snow removal, interior finishes maintenance, office moves, meeting services and MEP maintenance, central utility plant operations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with portfolio wide, regional and site-based initiatives and required local, state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to the operation of facilities entrusted to JLL to manage on behalf of the client.
- Manage and operate facility utilizing industry and JLL Best Practices, implementing improved or new processes that improve service to the client and / or reduce cost.
- Maintain the facility appearance, service levels, and hospitality at first class levels.
- Report critical and key performance measurements and achieve performance targets on metrics and internal audits (financial, operational, etc). Ensure audit action items are completed on the required timing.
- Directly accountable for the performance of several external service providers and partners.
- Hold service providers accountable to the terms and conditions of their contracts. Understand the contents and deliverables in their contract.
- Prepare, submit and manage facility budgets with the clients’ goals and objectives addressed, track variances and ensure an accurate forecasting process.
- Provide forward looking expense and capital projections. Develop the 3 years capital plan for your site based on the results of the internal audits, Facility Renewal Plan and infrastructure, and "refresh" or renewal work.
Human Experience Focus
- You enjoy and excel working on a fast-paced environment.
- You are detailed oriented to deliver results timely and with the highest quality.
- You feel empowered to create memorable human experiences for the client, the internal JLL team and the account’s OneTeam while upholding safety standards.
- You are a passionate expert that embodies the JLL Human Experience culture of being an early adopter and turning problems into opportunities while having the flexibility to think outside of the box.
- You are a role model with uncompromising standards who works as a collaborative team player, communicates professionally and demonstrates accountability.
- You are open to new and innovative ideas and you focus on continuous improvement and delighting the customer.
- At JLL you are expected to think “WE”. Everyone in the organization is part of the team!
- You are a proactive, empathetic leader who brings a positive attitude to the workplace each day.
- You are a change agent who lives JLL’s core values, including: ethics, teamwork and excellence.
- Working with and for people is your passion!
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Job Experience: 8+ years of experience in facility management.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience working on a client-account strongly preferred.
- Professional accreditation from a Facility Management program preferred.
- Managerial experience required including a history of “delighting” the occupants of the facility, budget management, contract management, and people development.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to identify and manage priorities that may shift frequently.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills. Energetic, articulate and personable. Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior leadership, and across organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills including a demonstrated ability to use data to find insights and drive decisions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Project, Power Point, Excel.
- The work environment requires a physical presence onsite at the facility to oversee daily operations and serve as the client contact.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.