2IM Group, LLC a Civil and Environmental Engineering company, is looking for the right candidate to add to their experienced arborist staff.
Candidates should be a current International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist with a minimum of 5 years of field experience. In addition to the I.S.A. Arborist certification, candidates should possess or have the experience to take the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) within one year of hire. Illinois Pesticide Commercial Applicator with Right-of-Way or Aquatic is preferred. It is preferred that candidates possess formal education in arboriculture, urban forestry, biology, ecology, horticulture, environmental science or associate fields. Must have strong communication and coordination skills, be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PC Computers, and the ability to work well with contractors, clients and the government. Valid Illinois driver’s license is required.
This is a full-time position with benefits (PTO, Health Insurance, 401k, LTD, STD, LF).
- Provide care to individual trees by removing excessive, obstructive, dead or dying branches
- Input the findings from the above mentioned responsibilities into the database
- Take before and after photos of line segments and access routes and coordinate providing to USFS
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting the Company culture, in particular, regarding safety, quality and customer service Horticulture
- Identified safety issues related to contractor employees
- Increase understanding of outage conditions and high priority areas
- Correct deficiencies found through inspections
- Assist with contractor annual training
- Work under the supervision of the Resident Engineer and Construction Manager or Project Executive, and help us build and grow practice
- Ensure Crew Activity Sheet & Timesheet Report accuracy on MPB & TWFP crews & instruct on error corrections
- Provide all mapping requirements to requesting agencies
- Assist with all aspects of tree work including pruning, felling and planting of trees whilst delivering advice to residents, colleagues and clients
- Provide support including providing support to the any grounds maintenance operatives and seasonal staff assigned to youto other members of the team
- Ensuring that all operations, workers and properties are that clients are informed of any potentially dangerous situations in the property
- Assist with quarterly VM PDCA meetings with suppliers
- Securing crew camp locations by acting as liaison with USFS
- Work to ensure that restoration (inclusive of mowing, edging, trimming, watering, tree trimming, fertilizing, and planting)
- Guide conduct and relationship with customers, partners and stakeholders: Customer focus High performance Efficiency and value for money Teamwork Ambition and dynamism Openness and honesty
- Identified safety issues related to contractor employees, Energy employees, or members of the general public at the work sites
- Verify the work of contractors to ensure that have complied with the provisions of contracts for landscaping, maintenance, and irrigation systems in the City's contract landscape