The Logistics Manager is accountable for managing material flow in and out of the plant
- Provides leadership and expertise to optimize inventories, material planning and transportation.
- Supervises and motivates the logistics team including reviewing performance, coaching, and holding accountable.
- Leverages Six Sigma tools to drive continuous improvement in site logistics and traffic.
- Coordinates with Grace corporate customer service, production planning, and logistics groups for order fulfillment and process optimization.
- Monitors daily inventory levels of raw materials, intermediates, and final products.
- Maintains up to date data based on usage and demand.
- Analyzes and reviews on-site inventory to ensure availability of materials to achieve shipping schedule.
- Initiates external material movements as needed to prevent shortages of raw materials.
- Conducts end-of-month close out activities.
- Resolves raw material quality control issues with suppliers.
- Ensures proper training for all employees in the Logistics group including Traffic, Loaders group, and warehouse.
- Follows up/investigates all incidents occurring in the Logistics group; leads in developing and executing all corrective actions.
- Coordinates process for investigating shipment delays with Quality and Operations
- Promote and enforce all EHS requirements and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree; Chemical Engineering
- Must have working knowledge and hands-on experience of supply chain
- Able to communication both verbally and written with all levels of team and management
- 7+ years of manufacturing, operations, logistics experience with 5+ years in a progressive leadership role
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.