NORC is seeking an experienced Payroll Supervisor to join the Accounting team in Chicago. This position is responsible for coordinating all payroll-related activities required to produce, balance, distribute and post the NORC hourly and staff payroll.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated to comply with the Executive Order issued by President Biden on September 9, 2021.
The Finance and Accounting departments contribute to NORC’s financial success by supporting the research departments with skill and integrity. The Accounting department navigates complex government regulatory and accounting environments while ensuring that the day-to-day operations of NORC’s financial matters are conducted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and transmittal of biweekly payroll for all NORC employees
- Manage the download of master files, project tasks and labor codes into Time and Expense
- Manage all labor posting and weekly maintenance and upkeep of Time and Expense
- Monitor and resolve various payroll related issues
- Maintain all payroll files and reports
- Monitor and maintain payroll related general ledger accounts
- Assist regional/field managers in setting up FI’s in various timesheet groups which changes with each project
- Assist regional/field managers and Human Resources in activating new hires and rehires
- Analyze several accounting/payroll related accounts monthly
- Manage time reporting for all employees and prepare related internal control reports
- Manage and monitor group email box
- Monitor completion of electronic timesheet
- Handle all garnishments, wage assignments and child support including setup, notification, answer and file upkeep
- Distribute labor reports
- Ensure that all deadlines are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
- General accounting principles and processes, general payroll principles and processes
- Attention to detail, organizational, sensitivity to deadlines, tact, discretion, and dependability skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, ability to troubleshoot problems, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment
- Minimum of 2 years' of payroll experience, preferably processing high-volume payroll
- Minimum of 2 years' of supervisory or team lead experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be customer service oriented
- Experience using ADP EV5
- Experience using Excel and Word is required
WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.