Software Design Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. Our Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County) office is looking to add a Software Design Engineer oriented towards DSP to our Product Development Group.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Our products are built on sophisticated object oriented software programming techniques utilizing technologies such as ActiveX, WTL/ATL/COM, GDI toolset, DirectX, WDK, WDF with C++ as a primary programming language.
This position will be responsible for:
- To invent, develop and implement algorithms implemented within the oscilloscope to:
- Work in conjunction with analog and digital hardware to improve signal fidelity of the oscilloscope and probes.
- Provide measurement solutions in industries that use our oscilloscopes such as serial data communications, signal integrity, communications, etc.
- Acquiring in depth knowledge of digital oscilloscope at functionality level as well as design level.
- Working in a team environment to Debug, Diagnosis and fix various software issues reported by customers.
- Working in a team environment to develop various software application/features for various products.
- Publish and Patent research results
- BSEE or equivalent
- Working experience of C++ programming and Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of linear systems theory, DSP and transforms (Fourier, Laplace, z)
- Strong Applied Math skills – specifically linear algebra and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of digital and analog hardware electronics
- Passion for quality and be a proactive thinker
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have good communication skills
- Masters in Electrical Engineering (2+ years experience)
- Knowledge of oscilloscopes or other test and measurement instrumentation
- Experience of Windows based application programming
- Knowledge of ATL/COM
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistics, control systems, artificial intelligence, microwaves, and/or signal integrity.
- Experience with oscilloscopes and probing.
- Experience with remote control of test and measurement instruments