Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position is located in Charlottesville, VA.
Battelle's CBRNE Defense Business Unit located in Charlottesville, VA is seeking an aerospace engineer who possesses a strong background in analysis-of systems, ideally military ground systems. The successful candidate will conduct analyses or advanced technologies to support scientific and technical assessments of military ground forces research, systems, and operations for U.S. Government clients.
Tasks will include providing all-source assessments, responding to requests for information, entering data into databases, and contributing to Government products such as briefings, assessments, and reports. The candidate must possess an active TS/SCI level U.S. Government security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 2+ years of experience
- Experienced in retrieving from and prioritizing raw data in databases, maintaining files, and producing reports of findings.
- Currently possesses a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience analyzing TECHSIGINT (including ELINT and FIS) data and using reporting tools to develop final products.
- Experience with EW and/or offensive cyber operations capabilities.
- Knowledge of military command and control systems.
- Knowledge of ISR sensors, data fusion, and processing of sensor data to form operational packages.
- Knowledge of communications and/or computer networking at the network, data link, and physical layers.
- Knowledge of digital communications systems to include engineering/analysis,/operational experience with communications hardware and/or radio-frequency engineering.
- Experience with all-source assessments for intelligence agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers"