VoIP Engineer - Network Management
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
VoIP Engineer - Network Management
Work Location - Wiesbaden, Germany
Minimum clearance required: Top Secret Security Clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and manage Cisco VoIP systems and ensure the network is protected and secure.
- Provide pro-active network management of switches routers, and other ancillary devices to ensure a constant state of readiness and availability.
- Ensure the network is properly configured and operating efficiently while maintaining constant network availability and 100% network uptime.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on a regularly scheduled basis and provide touch labor service support as needed.
- Provide Commercial Mobile Devices (CMD) support for DoD approved Cellphones and Smartphones (Blackberries and iPhones) including initial IT provisioning and troubleshooting support
- Assist with the tracking and management of commercial mobile devices and SIMs in accordance with Army Regulations and Theater Telephone Control Officer guidance.
- Have knowledge and experience with Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) server, Defense Enterprise Provisioning Online (DEPO), Purebred for Mobile as a Purebred Agent, and DISA StoreFront as an Authorized Requesting Official (ARO).
- Perform Entitlement Management tasks to ensure mobile device users are under the correct group, the ActiveSync entitlement is applied, and transfers requests are submitted for outgoing personnel.
- Provide Communication Security (COMSEC) support for the organization.
- Properly handle and safeguard Controlled Cryptographic Items in accordance with Army Regulations and local security policies.
- Provide support as the COMSEC hand receipt holder to include requisition, accountability, issuance, key management, destruction and associated records management.
- Assist the Outside Plant/Inside Plant Network Engineer with plant cable management for multiple network classifications.
- Assist the team with logistics support as required.
- Works closely with Architects/Engineers to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware.
- Providing engineering analysis and resolving voice/call center issues, determining and documenting problem root causes.
- Providing technical training, documentation, and technical assistance to Help Desk personnel and other organizations.
- Work with network operations group to resolve SIP/Cisco/Skype problems.
- Work closely with Help Desk personnel and vendors for upgrade/change device hardware and software.
A BS/BA is preferred plus relevant and related military/government training and experience in network administration and voice over IP engineering.
8+ years plus relevant and related military/government experience performing network and voice over IP engineering, and network and systems administration support is required. Experience in IT project management is desired.A current IAT II Certification (i.e. Security+ etc) is required at time of hire.
VOIP Certification, like a CCVP is Required.Minimum Top Secret Clearance required. We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.