Imagine a work environment where you can provide dental care to patients who are truly in need of your skills and expertise. As a dentist with Correct Care Solutions (CCS), you’ll enjoy a stable and rewarding opportunity providing care for patients in the public health sector.
Our dental opportunities offer flexible scheduling, work-life balance and a caring team of dental and administrative support staff to help you focus on your patients, instead of practice management. If you are ready to provide dentistry the way you have always wanted, join CCS today.
Our Dentists provide the dental services to inmate patients. Abides by the security regulations of the DOC and the regulations of the institution to which assigned. Provides required documentation of services to the Dental Director or designee in order to monitor compensation for service compliance with DOC contract. If there are changes within scheduled coverage, notifies the Regional Dental Director and H.S.A. Maintains CME requirements for continued dental practice in the State.
Education for Dentist:
- Graduated from an accredited school of dental medicine
Experience for Dentist:
- One (1) or more years experience in general dentistry preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Dentist:
- Current licensure as a Dentist within the State
- Current CPR Certification
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine, supervise and provide dental care/treatment to referred patients
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing dental care and treatment
- Evaluates patient dental care required or administered, dental operatory conditions, and equipment in use
- Evaluates those patients needing or applying for dental care not included under basic health care services and makes whatever recommendations deemed clinically appropriate
- Functions as a consultant to the prison staff health care provider, if needed
- Monitors need for dental supplies and equipment
- Performs routine cleaning, restorative dentistry, and extraction of teeth in accordance with dental policies
- Perform dental examination in accordance with the requirements of the facility
- Takes impressions for dental appliances, if indicated, sending prosthesis to outside dental labs
- Instructs patients in good dental hygiene techniques
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, legible and is dated, timed and signed
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patients’ rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals
- Provides in-service training for health staff members on appropriate issues such as dental hygiene, dental care, dental emergencies and techniques
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees, when requested, such as Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Infection Control, Quality Improvement, and Medical Audit Committee as requested by Director of Nursing and H.S.A
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Must maintain privileges
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer