Electro Mechanical Technician
It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.Electro Mechanical Technician
• Assists in the integration of factory automation equipment and the construction of new specialized machines.
• May be required to effectively use engineering designs in the form of technical drawings, schematics, and written and verbal instructions to construct new factory automation and specialized machines of medium complexity with little supervision.
• May be required to read Ladder Logic and State Language PLC programs of medium complexity; makes minor program modifications.
• May be required to interpret simple programs and logic diagrams facilitating in the construction of new automation and specialized machinery.
• May be required to understand and implement Industrial Robotic installations of basic to medium complexity using engineering designs.
• Applies basic knowledge in the application of machine safety devices, such as light curtains, safety floor mats, anti-tie down machine activation, and fixed machine guarding used in an interlocked non-defeatable manner according to engineering instructions.
• May be required to perform journeyman level machining operations using manual, CNC machine tools, and/or available machine shop equipment to assist in the construction of new factory automation and specialized machines.
• May be required to perform basic welding and fabrication tasks of medium to high complexity using advanced welding and fabricating tools.
• Prepares and maintains record keeping processes as required.
• Helps train and instruct production operators in the use of automation.
• Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned.
• May work any and all shifts/days as required.
• Associates Degree in electronics/technical field
• 5 years of experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in the use and maintenance of a large variety of tools.
• Performs detailed oriented tasks using intermediate language skills and math skills.
• Successful completion of lock-out/tag-out/try-out certification.
• May be required to have operational knowledge of AC/DC circuits, with Electro-Mechanical experience.
• May be required to have operational knowledge of Ladder Logic and State Logic PLC languages.
• May be required to have operational knowledge of I/O schemes and techniques.
• May be required have intermediate machining, welding, sheet metal and fabrication skills.
• May be required to possess basic knowledge in the areas of robotics, motion control, pneumatics, hydraulics, sensor applications, and vision.
• Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!