Senior Cost Accountant
About the Company
Our client is a leading manufacturing/constructions related organization looking to add a Cost Accountant to their team. This company is a TOP Rated employer in the Greater Janesville/Beloit area. The organization prides themselves on a family work environment along with a great mission & vision statement. The Accounting & Finance team has a recent new leader from within that is really driving the company forward!
As a Cost Accountant, you will be responsible to provide the required accounting and analytical support to manufacturing operations. Also, to assist in capturing and reporting production performance and ensure the control and proper valuation of inventories.
Specific duties in this Cost Accountant role include:
- Update product standard costs on annual basis with updated BOM, rate values.
- Working with operations team understand practical and expected capacity availability at manufacturing locations for use in determining overhead activity rates.
- Perform analytical review of annual standard cost changes, present findings to upper management.
- Review manufacturing order variances and purchase price variances on a timely basis to correct errors before month end.
- Ensure new product standard costs are calculated and updated in ERP system with accurate costs on a timely basis.
- Prepare month and year end accruals, process journal entries and reconcile accounts for inventory and manufacturing related general ledger accounts.
- Verify the accuracy of inventory transactions including material usage, scrap and cycle count postings.
- Calculation and documentation of slow moving inventory reserve
- Analyze and report key financial and operational information/variances to management including price, labor and overhead absorption and on a monthly basis.
- Support the development of overhead rates for manufacturing, plant maintenance, production projects and R&D.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and reconciling the annual physical inventory.
- Assists in the preparation of cost of sales and inventory planning for the annual forecasting.
- Document inventory and cost accounting procedures.
Specific requirements for this Cost Accountant position include:
- Cost Accounting experience; preferably 3-5+ years; 2-3 years in a manufacturing environment
- Must have strong Excel skills with pivot table experience
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance required; CPA or MBA preferred
- SAP Experience is preferred
- Corporate Accounting/General Ledger experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid computer skills
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: Accountant, Cost Accountant, Cost Accounting, General Ledger, Cost Analyst, BOM's, Routings, Variance Analysis, Senior Cost Accountant, Labor Rates, Standard Cost