UNIX LINUX System Administrator 1st Shift
Location: Atlanta, GA/Remote
Duration: 9 months
The goal is to hire a resource possessing high-level understanding and skills required to to be a subject matter expert for administering and maintaining LINUX servers. This is a LINUX Engineering position and will require being in an On Call rotation. His resource will work outside of US business hours to help perform ticket driven tasks during the newly enforced (but not staffed). This is part of the permitted production maintenance window.
Project Team Size/Makeup:
Core UNIX Support team is made up of 6 resources working 24/7 and addressing oncall support.
Must have skills:
- This position requires Solid/Intermediate knowledge of system management tools. Linux operating experience is a must.
- Knowledge of RedHat Technologies
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies (Operating Systems, mobility, security, network, storage etc.) with thorough understanding of scalable, highly available, secure Satellite infrastructures.
- Technical background in operating systems, system administration and/or technical architecture.
- Familiar with change management processes.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and continuous improvement skills and mindset.
Plus/nice to have skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of management tools--RedHat Satelite
- Intermediate knowledge of scripting preferred
- Leads and executes operational activities, troubleshooting, enhancements, test readiness development, patching, and maintenance plans to ensure proper operation of the business system/services are optimized.
Prior Experience / Skills Needed:
- Prior experience troubleshooting RedHat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Server environments
- Prior experience troubleshooting HP/Dell/UCS hardware
- Works second or third shift to implement approved change controls.
- Participate in an oncall rotation
- Ensures security updates are applied to servers according to patching policy and provide reports to management with most-recent updates.
- Maintains documentation and diagrams for both daily operations and Disaster Recovery.
- Implements technical improvements/projects that increase the quality and availability of the business systems/services and ensures proper operation.
- Conducts the analysis and communication of support and/or project requirements, updates, metrics, and general information.
- Analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, and develops and implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Conducts incident resolution and problem management by investigating Root Cause Analysis (RCA), capturing action items, and conducting remediation plans.
- Proactively monitor applications and systems in order to capture, triage, and escalate Incidents.
- Provides technical support as needed for Windows Active Directory and Operating Systems including registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, Group Policy Objects, and network access related issues.
- Develops recommendation for business partners to remediate vulnerabilities, institute compensating controls, or to request risk acceptance decisions.
- Drives automation into our operational environment through scripting, data analysis, and tool development.
- Advises line-of-business clients on information security requirements, compliance responsibilities, and methods to protect bank resources and sensitive information.
- Participates in team projects or manage individual projects implementing processes and procedures to execute them efficiently and effectively."