Insurance Sales Agent
The Insurance Agent is responsible for the sale of insurance products and handling all customer contacts received either by telephone or face-to-face in the retail location. This position regularly engages in sales activities with customers and is responsible for processing customer applications, endorsements, payments and inquiries. The Insurance Agent is also responsible for being recognized as a trusted business advisor, and a representative of the company’s values and mission.
- Assess customer needs and advise clients on coverage options. Provide quotations, pricing, and required information to prospects with excellent customer service. Complete the sales process for each customer with excellent customer service
- Develops and maintains relationships with business partners around the community (ie car dealers, loan processors, etc)
- Perform outside marketing activities to generate company sales
- Prepare quotations on customer change requests to policies
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information
- Maintain strong knowledge of all company products, pricing, and policy features
- Maintain knowledge of industry competitors and provide critical market feedback to your supervisor regarding local competition and service needs
- Direct customer service representatives (CSRs) in tasks relating to coverage of retail office
- Follow-up routinely with customers on all open or unresolved issues including calling lapsed customers
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, professional and courteous manner
- Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction
- Maintain appropriate records including, but not limited to, all time worked, reporting of sales activities, other reporting as required by Regional Manager or Corporate Office
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills needed for working with our customers
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to compute basic percentages
- Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions
- Skill and ability to use and operate a keyboard, computer, fax machine, scanner and copier.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance
- Must be able to secure a Personal and Casualty Lines insurance license within 60 days of hire date (Bonus offered for P&C licensed individuals as well as bilingual (English/Spanish) individuals
- Four-year college degree preferred
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AS-400/Mocha is preferred.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to do manual tasks which may include the use of hands to finger and handle controls. Tasks may also require the ability to talk or hear. The team member will frequently sit, bend, and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member(s) incumbent in this position. Team member(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of a growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impacts the lives of our team members and customers.
We are looking for team members that engage – who take responsibility for themselves and take care of their customers and colleagues. Ideal candidates can compose themselves under pressure, have a “make It right” mindset, and focus their energies on solving problems. This means you’ll be supported by a team with all these qualities, too. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to join, we want to hear from you!
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.